Online shopping offers a convenient solution for many things, but purchasing flooring isn’t one of them. New flooring is a significant investment, and you don’t want to take the gamble inherent in selecting online options and then hoping for the best.
Why bother looking at small, screen-only pictures of flooring when you can choose from all of the options available to you in person – and with the assistance of a flooring expert?
6 Reasons Purchasing From a Flooring Showroom Beats Online Options
There are multiple reasons why working in person with a flooring showroom is always the best way to go.
1. We Match the Convenience of Online Options
The #1 reason people shop online is the convenience of never leaving their homes. However, most high-end flooring showrooms offer that same commitment to your needs by bringing the showroom to you.
While we always welcome in-person consults in one of our showrooms, most clients schedule an in-home consult. Once we’ve established a date and time that works for you, one of our flooring experts will drive to your home.
During the consultation, we:
- Discuss your needs and concerns.
- Evaluate the living spaces in question.
- Take accurate flooring measurements.
- Review the pros and cons of your top flooring choices compared with your lifestyle and needs.
- Bring in relevant samples so you can look at them against existing finishes and in various qualities of light.
The bottom line is that online images only go so far, and there’s no real way to tell how the flooring will look in your home. And, if you procure “real” samples, you have to go through the process of shipping them back to the vendor – all of which takes additional time and energy.
2. Expert Information and Recommendations
Our trustworthy representatives are professionals with decades of flooring experience under their belts. When we work with clients to select the right flooring for their homes, they can access expert information. We are always honest and ensure clients have all the information they need to make smart choices.
There’s nothing worse than ordering flooring online only to learn it wasn’t the best choice for the application or your lifestyle. For example, some laminate flooring options may boast their waterproof when they’re prone to swelling or damage when in the presence of water for extended periods. Waterproofing should be a top priority for homeowners here in Central Florida, so we’ll make sure to steer you toward products that truly stand up to the challenge.
3. Objective Insight To Your Needs
Sometimes, we aren’t the best assessors of our lifestyle or needs because we view our lives from the inside. When we schedule your consultation, we can view your home through the lens of flooring experts.
This means we can make personalized recommendations based on things like:
- Whether you have children or pets
- The proximity of your new flooring to the indoor/outdoor patio or pool house doors
- Your short- and long-term goals (we may make minor adjustments to our recommendations depending on whether you/occupants use mobility aids or plan to age in place)
Getting to know you in person, listening to your stories and experiences, and seeing your home first-hand gives us insight into which products make the most sense for you.
4. Lifetime Cost Savings
Affordability is the second most common reason customers say they’ve considered purchasing flooring online rather than from a showroom. However, over the years, we’ve repeatedly witnessed the hidden costs of buying “cheaper” flooring online.
- Under- or over-purchasing due to inaccurate measurements or measurements that didn’t account for things like flooring underlayment or trim pieces.
- The wrong product for the location (you may think you want genuine hardwood when porcelain plank tiles are the optimal choice).
- Damage due to not understanding care and maintenance requirements.
- Shorter or lesser-than warranties that don’t stand up to the test of time.
- Inaccurate information from salespeople who didn’t get the correct information.
- Misunderstandings around shipment, delivery, and installation processes leading to extra fees or unexpected expenses.
Get It Perfect The First Time With Creative Floors
Don’t put yourself in the position of being let down by the online flooring adventure. Instead, schedule an in-person consultation with Creative Floors in your home.
We’ll bring everything you’d see in our flooring showroom, accompanied by a flooring expert who can answer any question and concern. Creative Floors promises you’ll get priceless satisfaction at the most competitive price when choosing the right flooring the first time.